1. Complete the registration form, this form requires a parent or guardian signature. Click Registration Formto download or pick up in the Community Education office.
2. Payment must be made prior to starting class. See payment information below.
When the student's registration/payment is complete, they will be placed in their selected class as space allows. Classes will be filled on a first come, first served basis for students meeting the age requirement.
Classroom Session Options
October 24 - November 12 (No class on Oct. 26, Nov. 2, 5 and 9) - 2:50-5:50 PM
January 9 - January 28 (No class on Jan. 11 18, 21 and 25) - 2:50-5:50 PM
February 5 - February 21 (No class on Feb. 8, 15, 18) - 2:50-5:50 PM
April 1- May 17 (No class on April 12, 19, 22 and May 3) - 7- 8 AM
Payment can be completed in person in the Community Education office located at Red Wing High School, lower J Pod or online at Online Class Registration.
Classroom - $175
Behind the Wheel - $215
Combined Classroom and Behind the Wheel fee - $375
Parent/Guardian and New Driver classes offered at no cost during the 2017-2018 school year
Tuesday, October 30 - 6:30-8 PM
Thursday, January 31 - 6:30-8 PM
Tuesday, April 9 - 6:30-8 PM
Steps to Earn Your MN Driving Privilege (Before Age 18)
1. Register and pay for Classroom Driver Education at Red Wing Community Education.
2. Successfully complete the Classroom Driver Education (30 hours mandatory).
3. Pass the written test.
4. Pay permit fee/complete necessary paperwork and have photo taken for permit.
5. Pay for Behind-the-Wheel Training at the Community Education Office (if payment was not made when signing up for the classroom).
6. Instructor contacts you directly to set up 6 hour driving instruction time.
7. Complete 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction and pick up a white completion card at the Community Education Office. (Student must be present for signature.)
8. Schedule and pass Behind-the-Wheel test (must be 16 and have had permit for 6 months).
9. Pay license fee and have photo taken for license.