Hedin-Hartnagel Memorial Fund Post-Secondary Loan Information
Loans are interest free while the student is actively participating full time in school and repayment begins 6 months after graduation or termination of school. Interest begins to accrue, at a rate of 6%, when payments begin. Students must begin making repayments no later than seven years from the date of their initial enrollment in post-secondary education.
The loan recipient must be a Red Wing High School graduate, maintain a 2.0 GPA (C average or better) and take at least 12 credits in order to be eligible for a loan.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, June 2020 loan applications will be conducted via email and U.S. Mail.
Hedin-Hartnagel Memorial Fund
1. Applications are available at the Red Wing High School or click on the Forms and Information link below or from Dodie Harris at (651) 388-8921.
2. Applicants will meet with members of the HHMFI Loan Committee at the Red Wing Credit Union on a designated interview date for loan approval. Applicants will need to bring the completed application and their high school transcript to this interview.
3. The interview sessions will be held at Red Wing Credit Union. First semester interviews are usually the 3rd week in June & second semester interviews are scheduled the week between Christmas & New Years. Be sure to include email address on the form to be contacted on exact dates. An ad will also appear in the “Local Briefs” in the Red Wing Republican Eagle announcing interview dates before the interview sessions.
4. To reserve a time for the interview session, students must call Dodie Harris at 388-8921 or email beginning Thursday, May 21, 2020 starting at 8:00am.
5. The next interview session is Friday, June 11 at the following times/places:
8:00am - 10:00am at Red Wing Credit Union
6. If the student cannot attend the group interview session, they still need to reserve an interview spot. The student will need to obtain the signature of two of the following HHMFI Board members for a one-on-one interview. Two signatures on the application are needed for loan approval. Please contact the Board member prior to arriving at their business/home.
a) Traci Sonju - 651-388-7133 or 651-380-3061
b) Ellie Kelly - 651-301-0557
c) Grady Nelson - 385-5133 or 612-205-2516
d) Liz Knapp - 651-380-2921
e) Stacy Hinrichs - 651-380-4378
7. After the student has received the signatures listed above, please contact Dodie Harris at 388-8921 to schedule a time to complete the application process, sign the promissory note and receive a check. Parents are not allowed to pick up the check. All students must pick up their own check.
The Hedin-Hartnagel Memorial Fund has the potential to help enhance the quality of life in our community which might not be provided through other channels by allowing students to obtain loans for secondary education.
Individuals, organizations, and corporations provide support, lending a unique characteristic to the Fund.
A gift to the Hedin-Hartnagel Memorial Fund is a meaningful type of remembrance. Contributions perpetuate the generous, humanitarian spirit in which Dr. Hedin and Dr. Hartnagel enriched the quality of life in the Red Wing community.
Any further questions, please call Dodie Harris at 651-388-8921 or email email@example.com.