Welcome to the 2021 - 2022 School Year!
In accordance with state law, we are required to ensure that all school-age children living within the boundaries of the Red Wing Public School District are being educated. Our primary role is to be certain that all home schools comply with state law and to provide the necessary information and forms to each home school for compliance.
For specific home school questions and to check out requirements, visit the Minnesota Department of Education website.
The person or nonpublic school in charge of providing instruction to a child has annual reporting requirements to local superintendents. By October 1st, one of the following forms (see bottom of this page) must be submitted to the local school districts.
In addition, please submit the following forms to the school district:
- An "Initial Registration Form for Unaccredited Nonpublic Schools" or
- A "Letter of Intent to Continue to Provide Instruction" after a "Full Report" has been submitted in the same district.
If your child intends to graduate from Red Wing Public Schools, he or she must meet all the conditions for graduation as set forth by the State of Minnesota and local school board. You can request graduation or home school information by contacting Melinda Johnson at 651-385-4520 or email@example.com.
- "Student Report for Aids to Nonpublic Schools" if you are interested in being reimbursed for eligible textbooks, standardized tests and individualized instructional materials. Please submit this form by October 1st. The reimbursement rate for the 2021 - 2022 school year is $79.13 per child. After the order has been received, please submit an "Expense Voucher" and original receipt to receive reimbursement.
- "Standardized Test Request" if you desire to have your child(ren) complete district or state assessments in addition to nationally normed tests. Please submit this form by September 15th.
- "Request Form for District Pupil Health Services" by September 15th.
- "Request Form for District Secondary Guidance/Counseling Services" by September 15th.
- "Request for Shared Time" if you would like to request that your child take one or more classes from Red Wing Public Schools. Submit the form at least 30 days prior to the beginning of the class. You will be notified if we are able to schedule your child into the class.
Please submit completed forms to:
Red Wing Public Schools
2451 Eagle Ridge Drive
Red Wing, MN 55066