Enforcement of Type III driving requirements has become more stringent since 2008. Any driver (must be a district employee!) who transports students will NOT be given a van key without the following steps being completed:
1) Training (Powerpoint) and one survey completed once each calendar year and filed in District Office.
2) Driver’s license background check once each calendar year (through District office staff).
3) Behind the Wheel evaluation as part of initial qualification (schedule an evaluator and van through Brianna).
4) For annual renewal, review training video as a substitute for Behind the Wheel evaluation and sign certification that you completed it.
4) Must report any driving violations on Violation Report below (includes on personal time) - violation may require re-test/re-training.
5) Each van must have a pre-trip inspection completed by the first driver of the day and kept in the vehicle that day (forms below and at Brianna’s desk).
Those who drive as their sole duty must also have a MNDOT medical exam.
Thank you for your cooperation in meeting these standards.
Please contact Brianna Snyder at 651-
385-4501 with questions.