Congratulations, you have a child eligible to start kindergarten in September, 2019! The transition to kindergarten is an exciting step into lifelong learning, and we're excited you've chosen Red Wing Public Schools. We invite you to explore this website to learn more about the registration process and what to expect from the kindergarten experience.
Registration opened for the 2019 - 2020 school year with Future Winger Night on January 29, 2019. Families who wereunable to attend Future Winger Night can visit either Sunnyside Elementary School or The RWPS District Office between the hours of 7:30 am - 3:30 pm anytime after January 29th to register.
To complete the registration process, you will need to do the following:
- Early Childhood Screening is required before your child may enroll in kindergarten. Call Colvill Family Center at 385-8000 if this has not been completed.
- Complete district enrollment forms. These will be available at Future Winger Night and at Sunnyside School or the RWPS District Office thereafter.
- Provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate (We can make a copy if you bring the original!)
- Provide a copy of your child’s immunization record (after 5 year shots are completed) or completion of an exemption form.
- Provide any information/documentation to the Sunnyside office regarding medical conditions, custody/court orders, etc.