Congratulations, you have a child eligible to start kindergarten in September, 2021! The transition to kindergarten is an exciting step into lifelong learning, and we're excited you've chosen Red Wing Public Schools. We invite you to explore this website to learn more about the registration process and what to expect from the kindergarten experience.
Enrollment is now open for the 2021 - 2022 school year! Normally, we host an in-person informational session for families. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will be unable to do so this year. Instead, we invite you to view the 2021 - 2022 RWPS Kindergarten Information Presentation. This presentation is a great starting place to learn about kindergarten and the registration process.
To complete the registration process, you will need to do the following:
- Early Childhood Screening is required before your child may enroll in kindergarten. Call Colvill Family Center at 385-8000 if this has not been completed.
- Complete district enrollment forms. These are linked for download below, and paper copies are available for pick up at the District Office, Colvill Family Center, Sunnyside, Burnside and Twin Bluff. Completed forms may be returned to any of those same locations.
- Provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate (We can make a copy if you bring the original!)
- Provide a copy of your child’s immunization record (after 5 year shots are completed) or completion of an exemption form.
- Provide any information/documentation regarding medical conditions, custody/court orders, etc.