Congratulations, you have a child eligible to start kindergarten in September, 2022! The transition to kindergarten is an exciting step into lifelong learning, and we're excited you've chosen Red Wing Public Schools. We invite you to explore this website to learn more about the registration process and what to expect from the kindergarten experience.
Kindergarten registration for the 2022 - 2023 school year kicked off with Future Winger Night on February 10th. Families who were unable to attend Future Winger Night can visit the RWPS District Office, Colvill Family Center, or any elementary school between the hours of 7:30 am - 3:30 pm to register. Forms can also be downloaded using the links below to be completed at home before returning them to any of the locations listed above.
To complete the registration process, you will need to do the following:
- Early Childhood Screening is required before your child may enroll in kindergarten. Call Colvill Family Center at 385-8000 if this has not been completed.
- Complete district enrollment forms. These are linked for download below, and paper copies are available for pick up at the District Office, Colvill Family Center, Sunnyside, Burnside and Twin Bluff. Completed forms may be returned to any of those same locations.
- Provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate (We can make a copy if you bring the original!)
- Provide a copy of your child’s immunization record (after 5 year shots are completed) or completion of an exemption form.
- Provide any information/documentation regarding medical conditions, custody/court orders, etc.