Why Flexible Learning Days?
A Flexible Learning Day means a school day where RWPS will offer access to online instruction or prepared activities provided by students’ teachers during inclement weather. Flexible Learning Days won’t replace the face-to-face time students have with their teachers but it can provide better continuity when school is interrupted. There are a maximum of five flexible learning days per school year.
Parents/Guardians will receive an automated phone call, email and/or text via the School Messenger service based on information provided by each family indicating school will be closed. Students should not report to school, but should engage in flexible learning activities as assigned.
- Students in Grades E - 5 will have Flexible Learning Tasks sent home and linked on the District Webpage.
- Students in Grades 6 - 12 will complete assignments by Google Classroom. Teachers will post work by 9 a.m. for the students they would have seen that day.
Staff Availability on Flexible Learning Days
- Grades K - 5: Teachers, administrators, and other licensed professionals will be available for virtual office hours via Google Meets or by email from 9:00 am - 11:00 am and then from 12:00 pm until 2:00 pm.
- Grades 6 - 12: Teachers and other licensed staff will take attendance as students check into Google Classroom. Teachers will be available via email to answer questions 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m.. If students don't have internet access and are marked absent, the district rectify the absence and students will have five days to complete assignments.
- Students in E - 5 will have a device signed out, but will not carry one back and forth daily. Flexible learning menus can be completed with or without technology.
- Students in grades 6 - 12 may need to have access to a device to complete work.
- Due dates for work completion will be one week after the inclement weather day, which will allow students who do not have Internet access at home an opportunity to complete the work.
Student work on Flexible Learning Days will follow the guidelines - see links on the left side of this page. **Student work must be submitted by a week after a school cancellation. The District will track attendance on Flexible Learning Days though this work completion, which will allow students who do not have Internet access at home an opportunity to complete the work.
Parent Letter for Flexible Learning Days - English and Spanish