Red Wing Public Schools and MNCorps have teamed up and are recruiting full-time and part-time math and literacy tutors to work at Burnside, Sunnyside and Twin Bluff Elementary Schools. Literacy tutors commit to 11 months of AmeriCorps service, all positions start Aug. 30th and conclude June 18th, 2022. Apply by deadline is July 30th.Our tutors are parents, grandparents, college students and recent college graduates, mid-career professionals and retirees who may want to get more involved at our school, explore a new career in education, re-enter the workforce or give back to their community.
Benefits of serving include:
- Training and coaching in research-based math practice strategies
- Impacting the lives of students who need extra support to become proficient in math
- Biweekly living allowance
- Education award
- Health care and child care benefits (available for full time only)
- Stronger connection to Rochester Public Schools
For more information and to apply, visit https://readingandmath.net or contact Ryan Balow by email or call (866) 859-2825 with questions.